This all started because Britt wanted to paint the baby’s room. Because we lived in a rental at the time, we couldn’t paint the room. So we figured painting furniture was the next best thing.
So Britt went on the hunt and found a desert while I was down at POST. This beauty.
Now I’ll be honest. I was skeptical of this dresser and Britt knows it. But we pressed on.
First I tried to sand it and strain it. Terrible idea. So we scratched that plan. Then the next hurdle was finding handles that weren’t so…well…ugly. Because it’s old as balls, it had a goofy size.
Like I said, I was skeptical…well Britt, in her infinite wisdom, came up with the solution, which seems obvious in hindsight. Fill the holes and drill new ones.
So we did.
Next was primer.
Don’t forget the drawers.
Next was the deep brown paint for the dresser.
You can see the drawers in the bottom right.
And the almost finished product.
I think we will add some Dr. Seuss flair to the drawers or something. And some type of book holder on the sides.
The before and after.
Until next time
Dad had his mailbox run over. So he wanted a new one with some pop.
Taped it off and painted some white stripes.
Added “Gunderson” to the side. It was a pain because I had to do it with a razor blade.
Finished product, on its new post. Hopefully nobody hits it for a while.
Dad needed a new dining room table, and we actually had an old butcher’s block table in the garage (that your’s truely cleaned out a few weeks back). So we decided to strip the paint off the old thing, and stain it a natural wood color. So since I’m closer to Lewiston, I took the table to my grandparents in Clarkston so I could work on it after work with some help/advice from my Grandpa Chuck.
Here’s the table (Before). Ugly, I know.
Then we (That’s Grandpa Chuck) took it apart so we could strip everything properly.
Then we started by stripping one of the legs. expsoing some darn good looking wood. It should stain up nicely.
Then we stripped the table top, and threw some pre-stain on it to help seal up some of the cracks, and prep the wood.
Then we started staining. At first I thought it was going to be too dark. but it turned out pretty good. We stained the legs black so we could have black chairs.
After it dried we threw on a clear coat, and started putting it back together. We got all new hardware for it. Bolts/screws/etc.
And here it is in Dad’s house. Just in time for Thanksgiving dinner.