This all started because Britt wanted to paint the baby’s room. Because we lived in a rental at the time, we couldn’t paint the room. So we figured painting furniture was the next best thing.
So Britt went on the hunt and found a desert while I was down at POST. This beauty.
Now I’ll be honest. I was skeptical of this dresser and Britt knows it. But we pressed on.
First I tried to sand it and strain it. Terrible idea. So we scratched that plan. Then the next hurdle was finding handles that weren’t so…well…ugly. Because it’s old as balls, it had a goofy size.
Like I said, I was skeptical…well Britt, in her infinite wisdom, came up with the solution, which seems obvious in hindsight. Fill the holes and drill new ones.
So we did.
Next was primer.
Don’t forget the drawers.
Next was the deep brown paint for the dresser.
You can see the drawers in the bottom right.
And the almost finished product.
I think we will add some Dr. Seuss flair to the drawers or something. And some type of book holder on the sides.
The before and after.
Until next time