Baby dresser.

This all started because Britt wanted to paint the baby’s room. Because we lived in a rental at the time, we couldn’t paint the room. So we figured painting furniture was the next best thing.

So Britt went on the hunt and found a desert while I was down at POST. This beauty.

image

Now I’ll be honest. I was skeptical of this dresser and Britt knows it. But we pressed on.

First I tried to sand it and strain it. Terrible idea. So we scratched that plan. Then the next hurdle was finding handles that weren’t so…well…ugly. Because it’s old as balls, it had a goofy size.

Like I said, I was skeptical…well Britt, in her infinite wisdom, came up with the solution, which seems obvious in hindsight. Fill the holes and drill new ones.

So we did.

image

Next was primer.

image

Don’t forget the drawers.

image

Next was the deep brown paint for the dresser.

image

You can see the drawers in the bottom right.

image

And the almost finished product.

image

I think we will add some Dr. Seuss flair to the drawers or something. And some type of book holder on the sides.

The before and after.

image

Until next time
-sg

Advertisements
Categories: Uncategorized | Tags: , , , , , , , | Leave a comment

Post navigation

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Blog at WordPress.com.

%d bloggers like this: